Click here for more info on the 2016 Soup Cook Off!
Welcome to Willey Farms!
Tucked halfway between Delaware's two largest cities of Wilmington and Dover, Willey Farms is a Delaware "must visit".
Choose Fresh Fruit and Vegetables, Candy, Natural and Organic foods. Our Deli offers made to order subs and sandwiches, hot lunches every day, soup, sliced luncheon meat and cheese. Delicious baked goods, too!
Stroll through our Garden Center and Nursery to find exactly what you're looking for. In season, we have hundreds of trees, shrubs, houseplants and flowers to choose from.
Our beautifully decorated Home Accent department offers country, whimsical and eclectic home accents from small one-of-a-kind finds to large furnishings and decor items. Our displays are changing constantly!
Pick up your reuseable grocery bags. Only $1.69 each or 2 for $3. Look for them at check out and throughout the store! Perfect as a gift bag filled with Willey Farms goodies!
Hot & Cold reusable tote bags are available, too!
As seen demonstrated on Willey Farms TV!
2 10 oz Strip Loin Steaks
1 cup strong beef stock
2 tbsp salted butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 shallot, minced
2 oz sliced Crimini mushrooms
1/4 cup cognac or brandy
1/4 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1 tbsp sliced chives
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1. Rub steaks with vegetable oil. Season heavily with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Allow to sit out of refrigerator for 30 minutes before cooking.
2. Preheat a 12” skillet (do not use non-stick) over high heat. Add steaks to skillet and sear for about two minutes on each side, making sure they are thoroughly browned.
3. Remove steaks from the pan and allow to rest on a plate while preparing the sauce. Turn down the heat to medium.
4. Add butter and muchrooms to pan and cook mushrooms until soft and lightly browned. Then add shallots and garlic. Cook for two minutes, until aromatic, yet not browned.
5. Add cognac or brandy and light with a match to flambee. Allow it to burn out. (this burns off most of the alcohol but leaves the flavor.
6. Add cream, mustard, Worcestershire and beef stock. Cook until thickened (about 3 minutes)
7. Add steak back to skillet to coat in sauce and reheat.
8. Remove steak from pan to serving dish. Spoon over sauce and garnish with the parsley and chives.